Worthington top of body CNG fueling system.
Columbus, Ohio-based Worthington Industries’ alternative fuels business has announced a new compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel system, its next-generation top of body system. Features of the top of body CNG system include:
- designed for refuse vehicles
- multiple mounting bracket options
- designed to be compatible with a variety of different body and chassis designs
- available in configurations that can hold 60, 75 and 95 diesel gallon equivalents
Visit www.worthingtonindustries.com for more information.
Volvo Construction Equipment LC450H landfill compactor.
Volvo Construction Equipment, Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, has unveiled the LC450H landfill compactor, the company’s first purpose-built landfill compactor for the North American market. Features of the compactor include:
- weighs 90,000 pounds
- powered by a 416-horsepower Volvo D13J Tier 4-Final engine
- comes standard with Terra wheels
- comes standard with a Respa cab filtration system
Visit www.volvoce.com for more information.
Kice Industries compact filter.
Kice Industries, Wichita, Kansas, has introduced a compact filter to its product line. The new filter is for direct mounting to bins, drags, legs and other equipment where access or mounting options are limited. Features include:
- an integrated fan and cleaning system that is designed for simple installation, operation and maintenance
- designed for various cartridge configurations and lengths to handle a wide range of applications, materials and air volumes
- tool-free cartridge replacement feature to minimize maintenance and downtime
- available in carbon or stainless steel to meet specific application requirements
- available with accessories such as mounted transitions
Visit www.kice.com for more information.
Doosan DX225MH-5 material handler.
Doosan Infracore North America LLC, Suwanee, Georgia, has introduced the DX225MH-5 material handler, which is geared toward a number of material handling applications in scrap yards, recycling facilities and solid waste centers and transfer stations. Features of the DX225MH-5 include:
- a floor pedal to add an optional way for operators to activate two-way auxiliary hydraulics
- a camera monitor that allows operators to monitor machine information while the camera is on
- an upgrade to the alternator that provides 80 amps for improved performance
- auto shutdown designed to save diesel fuel when the machine is not working
Visit www.doosanequipment.com for more information.
Steinert UniSort PR sorting system.
The new UniSort PR sorting system from Steinert, Walton, Kentucky, is designed to replace conventional scanning systems with a system that offers powerful, flexible, accurate, reliable and user-friendly performance, the company says. Features include:
- uses hyper spectral imaging (HSI)
- suitable for a range of applications, including sorting, packaging, substitute fuels or plastics from electronic scrap (e-scrap)
- a range of nozzle powers designed for optimal matching to the material being sorted
- available in four width sizes
- units contain the sensor technology along with all of the power supply, control and operator modules
Visit www.steinertglobal.com for more information.
Goodyear total solution package.
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., Akron, Ohio, has expanded its total solution package for waste haul fleets with a new retread product, a new commercial tire management program and other additions. Features of the package include:
- consists of products, services and fleet management tools delivered by a nationwide network
- the Goodyear Endurance WHD retread, which complements the Endurance WHA
- WHD retread designed with a 32/32-inch tread depth and self-cleaning grooves to help evacuate mud and snow
- Tire Optix commercial tire management program
Visit www.goodyear.com for more information.
Machinex SamurAI robotic sorter.
Machinex, Plessisville, Quebec, presented its new sorting robot, SamurAI, at WasteExpo, April 24-26, in Las Vegas and at the IFAT exhibition in Munich, May 14-18. Features of the SamurAI include:
- employs artificial intelligence (AI) technology from AMP Robotics, Boulder, Colorado, and robotic hardware from Machinex
- operates according to a predetermined order of tasks
- averages 70 picks per minute
- designed to accommodate conveyor widths of up to 48 inches
- recognizes material in dirty, commingled and constantly changing conditions
- generates data from the material stream composition
Visit www.machinextechnologies.com for more information.
Sierra REB4 two-ram baler.
Sierra International Machinery LLC, Bakersfield, California, debuted its REB4 two-ram baler at the ISRI Convention and Exposition (ISRI2018) April 17 in Las Vegas. Features of the REB4 include:
- Sierra’s patent pending dual-compression doors
- uses 55 tons of force per door to push the material below the cutting knife and into the charging chamber
- designed for greater input density in the charging chamber
- a 6-inch gap that requires shearing when doors are fully closed, reducing the area to be cut by 90 percent
- material will fall in the center of the machine, producing uniform bales that will stack for storage and shipment
- no pinch point eliminates the chance for the lid to stick closed
Visit www.sierraintl.com for more information.