General Kinematics Vertex vibratory equipment monitoring device
General Kinematics, Crystal Lake, Illinois, has introduced Barrier, a vibratory equipment monitoring device line. The Barrier line includes Apex, Vertex and Nomadx. Features of the Vertex include:
- capable of monitoring equipment 24/7
- transmits data to user’s personal Barrier Portal
- can send text alerts to user’s phone to warn if there are issues with the equipment
- detects potential overload conditions, lower performance rates and more.
- data can help companies better maintain equipment and avoid downtime.
Visit www.generalkinematics.com for more information.
A-Ward MiTilt tilting container loaders
Vortex De-pollution, Denver, has announced it is distributing tilting container loaders from New Zealand-based A-Ward. The company will supply MiTilt, a tilting container loader for the scrap recycling industry, throughout North America. Features of the MiTilt include:
- helps companies be more efficient in their operations and reduce logistics costs
- container can be loaded in 20 minutes
- ideal for companies shipping loads overseas
- works for 20-foot and 40-foot containers
- allows a container to be tipped between -10 to 90 degrees
Visit https://a-ward.com for more information.
Volvo CE rigid haulers
Volvo Construction Equipment (Volvo CE), Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, has announced that it will enter the rigid hauler market with its own Volvo brand of rigid haulers. Production of rigid haulers by Volvo subsidiary Terex Trucks will cease over time. Features of the haulers include:
- range consists of the 45-ton R45D, 60-ton R60D, 72-ton R70D and the flagship 100-ton R100E
- R100E is designed with high capacity and hauling speeds, a new V-shaped body, efficient hydraulics, and an intelligent monitoring system and operator environment
- R45D, R60D and R70D Volvo rigid haulers are designed with greater visibility and safety systems, along with Volvo technical support and branding
- sold exclusively through the Volvo dealer network
Visit www.volvoce.com for more information.
Bandit Beast Model 246X horizontal grinder
Bandit Industries, Remus, Michigan, has added an option to the Beast horizontal grinder lineup by introducing the Model 2460XP. Features of the grinder include:
- available as a towable or track machine
- 520 horsepower
- common maintenance items designed to be accessible from either the ground or on built-in platforms
- equipped with a 60-inch-wide by 30-inch diameter, 30-tooth cuttermill
Visit www.banditchippers.com for more information.
Larson Electronics LED light
Kemp, Texas-based Larson Electronics LLC has released a new caged-style LED light for temporary lighting designed to be IP65 waterproof and dustproof rated. This LED work area light “can be daisy chained for flexible illumination options,” according to the company. Features include:
- a 60-watt temporary job site light that features 6,000-volt surge protection and a stainless steel cage and hook
- produces 7,200 lumens of illumination
- offered in color temperatures ranging from 2,700 to 6,500 Kelvin
- has a beam angle of 270 degrees
Visit www.larsonelectronics.com for more information.
Flaming River emergency fuse kits
Flaming River Industries Inc., a manufacturer of battery disconnect switches and high output alternators headquartered in Berea, Ohio, is now offering a variety of Littlefuse emergency fuse kits. Features of the kits include:
- designed to cover original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) such as Ford, General Motors and Chrysler
- diagnostic kits that can be used to test and replace fuses on the go
- Smart Glow fuses designed to automatically identify faulty fuses with a glowing LED light
- super value packs hold up to 60 fuses
Visit www.flamingriver.com for more information.
MTB cable box
Potomac Metals Inc., headquartered in Sterling, Virginia, has purchased an MTB Cable Box from Buffalo, New York-based Wendt Corp. Wendt indicates the purchase will allow Potomac Metals to upgrade its wire packages to clean copper and aluminum products, opening additional markets. Features of the cable box include:
- ability to run four different material types: shredder wire, No. 1 copper wires, aluminum cables and aluminum-copper radiators
- includes one 10-foot, one 20-foot and two 40-foot containers
- fully integrated electrical and dust suppression systems
- designed to process up to 3 tons per hour
Visit www.wendtcorp.com for more information.
Keestrack R3/R3e impact crusher
Keestrack, a manufacturer of mineral processing technology with U.S. offices in Krum, Texas, has released a new design of its track-mounted impact crusher unit R3/R3e. The 30-ton model can be used at short-term construction site operations and for semistationary production in medium-sized recycling and production companies. Features include:
- available in a diesel hydraulic R3 version and as a fully hybrid Keestrack R3e
- can crush up to 250 tons per hour
- specially adapted crushing tools, an adjustment range for both impact aprons, and an overload system are designed to safeguard a range of applications
- powered either by 132-kilowatt or 160-kilowatt electric motors