Doppstadt AK 310 EcoPower shredder.
Doppstadt, with U.S. offices in Rockville, Maryland, describes its new Doppstadt AK 310 EcoPower shredder as “at home everywhere.” It says the shredder processes preshredded trunks, roots and waste wood just as reliably as green waste or organic waste and can be used at the recycling yard, compost plant or for agricultural contracting. Features include:
- weighs 16 metric tons
- designed for on-road use and can be transported to a job site by truck
- 11.4 foot drop height
- can be used together with other Doppstadt machines to create application-specific systems
Visit www.doppstadt.de for more information.
Columbia Industries Horizon 50/65 T tipper.
Columbia Industries, Hillsboro, Oregon, has recently released its next-generation Horizon 50/65 T tipper. Originally introduced to the solid waste and recycling industries in the 1960s, the company says tippers have found market acceptance throughout the world. Features include:
- automated leveling
- digital joystick controls
- greater accessibility for maintenance
- a single platform design that will accommodate 50-ton or 65-ton loads
Visit www.columbiacorp.com for more information.
EvoQuip Bison 280 jaw crusher.
EvoQuip, a Terex brand in Dungannon, Ireland, has launched its Bison 280 jaw crusher. The crusher can be used in construction and demolition, asphalt recycling, quarrying or contract crushing applications. Features include:
- easy to transport
- crusher setting can be adjusted without the need for any tools using the hydraulic jaw adjustment system
- can be used on a multitude of natural stone applications, including granite, river gravel and basalt
- can be used on various recycling applications, including construction and demolition debris, recycled concrete and reclaimed railway sleepers
Visit www.terex.com/evoquip for more information.
West Salem Machinery vertical feed grinder.
West Salem Machinery, Salem, Oregon, has released its vertical feed grinders with hydraulically opening pivot housing and interchangable tooling. Other features include:
- designed to process a wide range of feedstock at rates up to 150 tons per hour
- available with heavy-duty rotor with disc and hammer configuration options
- an optional pivot housing designed for easy access to main wear components
- can be used to finely grind wood chips for pellet fuel or chipboard or coarsely grind bark or wood waste for mulch or biomass
Visit www.westsalem.com for more information.
Cat wheeled material handlers.
Caterpillar, Peoria, Illinois, says its new range of wheeled material handlers, the MH3022, MH3024 and MH3026, have been improved and include features designed to enhance overall performance, versatility and safety. Other features of the material handler range include:
- ability to handle jobs with space constraints
- ideal for tasks such as waste handling, recycling and bulk material handling when space is not constrained
- an advanced cab filtration system for work in dusty, contaminated environments
- an easy cab access option
Visit www.cat.com for more information.
Fairbanks Scales FB4000 desktop scale.
Kansas City, Missouri-based Fairbanks Scales Inc. has released the FB4000 desktop scale instrument, available in a National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) 12-desktop enclosure and a NEMA 4X stainless steel wash-down enclosure. Features include:
- a highway system application, enhanced inbound/outbound application and the kernel application
- a single-board computer (SBC) running a Windows operating system
- can operate up to eight scales, managed in groups of four
- a 10.4-inch graphics display and an integrated touch screen
Visit www.fairbanks.com for more information.
Yale attachment-ready trucks.
Designed to streamline installation and improve reliability of its integrated solutions, Yale Materials Handling Corp., Greenville, North Carolina, has announced a new line of attachment-ready trucks. Features of the trucks include:
- allows paper roll and bale clamp attachments from Bolzoni Auramo, Piacenza, Italy, to fit on a range of Yale cushion tire and pneumatic tire lift truck models
- truck-to-clamp interface designed to minimize installation inconsistencies and enhance attachment performance
- can be used in paper and recycling applications
- controlled clamp force, customized opening ranges and a wide selection of arm lengths and configurations are available to fit operational requirements
Visit www.yale.com for more information.
Landia BioBuster nonpumping pretreatment.
Landia, a manufacturer of mixing and pumping systems headquartered in Lem, Denmark, has introduced the BioBuster, a nonpumping pretreatment designed to break down solid matter to enhance the performance of anaerobic digestion (AD) plants. Features of the BioBuster include:
- designed with the ability to be dropped in and ready to work within seconds
- produces a completely homogeneous substrate
- lowers viscosity with a knife system
- offers 20 percent savings on power consumption, according to the company.
Visit www.landia.co.uk for more information.
Bosstek DB-30 Fusion atomized mist unit.
BossTek, Peoria, Illinois, has announced the debut of the DustBoss DB-30 Fusion. The atomized mist unit is engineered with an electric motor and 30-kilowatt generator. The DB-30 is permanently mounted on a trailer as is the rest of the Fusion line. Features include:
- water supplied by a standard 5/8-inch garden hose
- equipped with an in-line 75 mesh, 200-micron filter
- an adjustable throw angle from 0-50 degrees of elevation
- a range of approximately 100 feet in calm conditions
Visit www.bosstek.com for more information.
Liftomatic Ergo-Matic portable drum handling equipment.
Liftomatic Material Handling Inc., a material handling equipment manufacturer headquartered in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, has recently introduced the Ergo-Matic line of portable drum handling equipment. Features of the Ergo line include:
- designed for manual handling of a single steel, plastic or fiber drum
- high-lift capability up to 36 inches to double-stack drums
- spark-resistant components for flammable areas
- double Parrot-Beak clamps for fiber and plastic drums