LSC Environmental Products landfill cover system.
LSC Environmental Products, Apalachin, New York, introduces the Posi-Shell landfill cover system. Features include:
- a blend of clay binders, reinforcing fibers and polymers produces a spray-applied mortar that dries in the form of a thin stucco when mixed with water or leachate
- packaged in 50-pound bags or 500-pound bulk sacks
- adheres to any surface and is effective in wet and dry forms
- enables the use of durability enhancers to achieve long-term coatings designed to remain erosion resilient for more than a year
Visit www.lscenv.com for more information.
Dust Control Technology suppression rings.
Dust Control Technology (DCT), Peoria, Illinois, is complementing its existing line of stationary dust suppression rings with the ability to produce geometric shapes, bars or other configurations, customized to the needs of the specific application. Features include:
- creates a curtain of mist around the cargo stream or specified area for containment of fugitive dust or odor
- customers can request a virtual site assessment to determine the optimum size and shape of a customized ring
- water is pumped into a stainless steel manifold and atomized by a series of specially designed nozzles that fracture the water into a cascading mist
- custom systems for a variety of different industries
Visit www.dustboss.com for more information.
Compology container sensors.
Wastequip, Charlotte, North Carolina, has partnered with San Francisco-based Compology to offer its sensors and cloud-based software services, now available on every new Wastequip roll-off container. Features include:
- optics-based sensor monitors location, fullness and movement of the container
- 24/7 cloud-based data hosting
- GPS-enabled container tracking
- in-browser tools to manage assets, schedule container hauls, digitally dispatch drivers to their locations and track performance metrics
Visit www.compology.com for more information.
McNeilus Latitude Integration system.
McNeilus Truck & Manufacturing Inc., Dodge Center, Minnesota, has released the Latitude Integration residential collection system. Features include:
- designed to connect with any brand of front-loading residential container
- uses the McNeilus controls on-demand environment (CODE) system and an in-cab controls display to monitor activated functions
- automatically levels the residential container during the dump cycle
- cab protection prevents the operator from inadvertently rolling the container into the cab
Visit www.mcneiluscompanies.com for more information.
EPG Cos. breakout junction boxes.
EPG Cos., Maple Grove, Minnesota, introduces the breakout junction boxes, a way to disconnect power or sensor wires during maintenance or repair work and create a gas-tight seal between a riser, well or sump and the control panel. Features of the boxes include:
- seals off harmful migrating gas
- equipped with female national pipe thread (FNPT) waterproof exit hub
- terminal strip to facilitate pump and sensor removal
- weatherproof National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) 4X enclosure with dryer tube and bellows to seal out moisture
Visit www.epgco.com for more information.
Viridian America pneumatic pumps.
Viridian America, Maple Grove, Minnesota, introduces its environmental pneumatic pumps suitable for low-flow, vertical pumping applications. Features include:
- can be used to pump highly corrosive leachate at elevated temperatures
- available in 4-, 3- and 2-inch sizes
- optional 316 stainless steel casing
- epoxy resin fiberglass casing
Visit www.viridianamerica.com for more information.
International Innovative Technologies glass processing milling system.
United Kingdom-based International Innovative Technologies Ltd. (IIT) has developed new low-energy milling technology for a wide range of waste glass processing applications. Features include:
- induced airflow through the mill reduces ancillary equipment needs
- designed to accommodate an output capacity range of up to 4.5 short tons per hour for single-pass applications
- suited for a wide range of glass, sand and powder processing applications
- can be transported easily between different locations or can be installed in a single location
- minimizes undersize or oversize components in the final milled glass powder product, allowing plant operators to achieve required performance with single equipment sets and sieve mesh aperture changes
Visit www.iituk.com for more information.
Zera at-home food waste recycler.
Whirlpool Corp., Benton Harbor, Michigan, announces the release of the Zera food recycler, a kitchen appliance that turns food waste into fertilizer. Features include:
- converts a week’s worth of food waste into ready-to-use homemade fertilizer within 24 hours
- uses a combination of oxygen, moisture, heat and mixing to expedite the decomposition process
- able to convert waste into fertilizer year-round regardless of the weather
- can be remoetly operated with Whirlpool mobile app
Visit www.zera.com for more information.
Maren Engineering ProPak 2R330 two-ram baler.
Maren Engineering, based in South Holland, Illinois, has announced the release of the ProPak 2R330 high-production two-ram baler, which the company says can process a wide variety of recyclables. Features include:
- a 57-inch-wide-by-80-inch-long feed opening suitable for postindustrial cardboard and scrap metals
- an extended stroke after the shear to reduce shear jams on tough-to-shear materials
- 80-, 100- and 120-horsepower configurations
- a 10-inch main ram cylinder with 330,000 pounds of platen force
Visit www.marenengineering.com for more information.
Ridewell auxiliary truck suspensions.
Ridewell Suspensions, Springfield, Missouri, a manufacturer of suspensions for the truck, trailer, bus and RV industries, has updated its self-steer auxiliary truck suspension for I-beam axle integration. Features include:
- updated for lighter weight and lower maintenance
- parallelogram design allows customers to integrate their own I-beam axle into the auxiliary axle suspension
- an adjustable frame width and polyurethane bushings
- designed for single wheel applications
Visit www.ridewellcorp.com for more information.
Lindner RDF Polaris shredders.
The new Polaris 2200 and 2800 single-shaft shredders made by Austria-based Lindner Recyclingtech have been designed to perform single-step shredding of untreated household refuse as well as industrial and commercial waste to produce refuse-derived fuel (RDF). Features include:
- Polaris 2200 has a feed opening of 13.4 feet by 10.8 feet and a rotor length of 6.9 feet
- Polaris 2200 shreds up to 22 tons of commercial and industrial waste per hour
- Polaris 2800 has a feed opening of 15.6 feet by 7.7 feet and a rotor length of 9.2 feet
- Polaris 2800 achieves up to 32 tons per hour in volume
Visit www.l-rt.com for more information.
Helsinki-based ZenRobotics has introduced the latest upgrades to its robotic waste sorting system, ZenRobotics Recycler (ZRR). Earlier in 2016, ZenRobotics made the ZRR trainable. With this upgrade, the robotic recycling system has been trained to sort tens of new material fractions at customers’ sites and ZenRobotics’ own laboratory. Features include:
- sorts plastics by polymer (polypropylene, high-density polyethylene, polyethylene terephthalate and polyvinyl chloride), C-wood (impregnated wood) and scrap metal by color or shape
- available with a third arm
- able to make up to 6,000 picks per hour
- new gripper design allows the handling of heavier objects while making the gripper easier to maintain