Allison 3000 RDS transmission on Mack Trucks
Mack Trucks, Greensboro, North Carolina, has announced the Allison 3000 RDS transmission is available as an option for Mack MD Series models. The transmission adds options for applications that require more power but are best suited for medium-duty trucks. The MD Series equipped with an Allison 3000 RDS transmission:
- is approved for a gross vehicle weight rating of 33,000 pounds for hauling applications, enabling medium-duty trucks to take on bigger jobs
- offers greater versatility for trucks in 4x2 refuse applications
- offers a gross combined weight rating of 45,000 pounds on the MD Series trucks
- includes up to seven speeds with close-or wide-ratio gearing
Visit www.macktrucks.com for more information.
Power Knot’s LFC Biodigesters
Power Knot’s line of LFC Biodigesters are fully enclosed food waste digestors that consume most food waste within 24 hours and provide a way to avoid sending food waste to landfills. They come in nine different sizes suitable for a variety of commercial applications. Power Knot’s LFC Biodigestors include:
- a continuous process so owners don’t need to empty the digester and discharge can safely enter the sewage system
- Power Knot’s Powerchips Green, small irregularly shaped plant-based chips, to create a porous environment where microorganisms can reproduce quickly, speeding the digestion process
- real-time information on how much food waste is fed to and digested by the LFC Biodigestor
- an average return on investment, often three years or sooner for most institutions, and complemented by a three-year warranty
Visit www.powerknot.com for more information.
Scan-Link Armour Dual Node System
The Scan-Link Armour Dual Node System uses radio frequency identification (RFID) tags to help machinery operators avoid dangerous situations involving other workers. The dual node system features two external devices scanning the area for workers who wear RFID tags in their vests or hardhats. It would be suitable for use on wheel loaders at transfer stations or at landfills. Other features include:
- a range of 13 feet side to side and a range of 25 to 30 feet directly behind the equipment
- a prepaired antenna and displays enable quick installation and testing without additional configuration work
- an optional relay system that can be used to set off other devices such as warning lights or sirens
- operating parameters that users can configure to meet their specific needs via the RapidPair software and USB dongle
- the polycarbonate aluminum casing of the external antenna is weather-proof and is designed to provide long life even on heavily used equipment
Visit www.scan-link.com for more information.